The following is the mode and are etiquettes of performing Hajj and 'Umrah:
1. At the time of departure the intending pilgrim should see his family members, relatives and friends and request them to forgive him if he ever oppressed or offended them intentionally or unintentionally and also seek Du'aa. He should also entrust the welfare and security of his children, family members and property to Allah Almighty thereby to earn blessings for himself and for his family as well.
2. Reaching "Meeqaat" he should offer two Rak'at prayer with the intention of "Ehraam" and after "Salaam" (completing the prayer) form "Niyat" of, expressing the word of Hajj or 'Umrah as the case may be and then utter "Labbaiek" (Talbeeh). In "Qiraan" he should say "Labbaieka Bil 'Umrati wal-Hajj", in "Tamattu" say "Labbaieka Bil 'Umrah and in "Ifraad" say "Labbaieka Bil Hajj".
3. He must eschew all those things,acts which are forbidden or Makrooh (odious) in the state of Ehraam otherwise the penalty prescribed by the Shari'ah will become due whether it is done (or happens) deliberately or by mistake or under duress or during sleep.
4. Reaching within the premises of the grand mosque round the Ka'bah, he should, at the first glance of holy Ka'bah, make Du'aa with all heart and proceed to "Baabus Salaam" praising and glorifying Allah Almighty and the Holy Prophet. He should kiss it and entering into "Mutaaf' immediately busy himself in performing "Tawaaf' provided that the congregational prayer is not being held at the moment or the time of "Witr" or "Sunnat-e-Muakkadah" is not running out.
5. He should do "Iztibaa" before the start of/joining congregational prayer and stand towards "Rukn-e-Yamaanee" near "Hajar-e-Aswad" (the black-stone) facing the holy Ka'bah in such a manner as to have the whole Hajar-e-Aswad on his right.
6. Then he should form Niyat of Tawaaf and walk a little towards his right, with the face remaining towards the Ka'bah, so as to come in front of Hajar-e-Aswad and then he should, raising his hands upto the ears with the palms facing Hajar-e-Aswad, say "Bismil Laahi wal-Hamdu Lillaahi, wal Laahu Akbaru Wassalaatu Wassalaamu ' Alaa Rasoolil Laah".
7. Kiss the Hajar-e-Aswad, if possible, otherwise point the hands towards it and kiss them and advance towards the holy Ka'bah reciting "Al-Laahumma Eimaanam bika wat Tibaa'al-Lisunnati Nabiyeeka Sallal Laahu 'Alaiehi wa Sallam".
8. Having passed the Hajar-e-Aswad he should begin Tawaaf keeping the sacred Ka'bah on his left in the style of "Ramal".
9. While passing the "Multazim", "Rukn-e-'Iraaquee", "Meezaab-e-Rahmat" and "Rukn-e-Shaamee" (during the performance of Tawaaf) he should recite particular Du'aa prescribed for each spot,occasion. However, invocation of Allah's blessings on the Holy Prophet (recitation of Durood Shareef) on all the spots,occasions is much better than praying for oneself.
10. When he reaches "Rukn-e-Yamaanee" he should touch it as a token of respet and can also kiss if wishes. But pointing of hands towards it and kissing them is not permitted.
11. On arriving at the spot of "Mustajaab" (from Rukn-e-Yamaanee) he should make Du'aa or recite Durood Shareef which will earn him great blessings.
12. Du'aa and Durood Shareef should not be recited very loudly but in a low pitch. Not too low to be heard by himself.
13. On reaching the Hajar-e-Aswad again, his one round of Ka'bah is complete. He should perform seven circuits round the holy Ka'bah in the same way. However, "Ramal" has to be observed in the first three circuits and in the remaining four ones he has to walk with the normal pace.
14. After completing Tawaaf (performance of seven circuits round the Ka'bah) he should kiss the Hajar-e-Aswad and observe "Istilaam".
15. He should offer two Rak'at prayer (that is Waajib) at "Maqaam-e-Ibraaheem". If it is odious time let it pass and then offer the prayer and also make Du'aa.
16. Go to "Multazim" and embrace it near "Aswad".
17. Then he should go to "Zamzam" well and drink its consecrated water in three breaths to his fill facing the Ka'bah and also pour over himself. Make Du'aa as it is accepted this time.
18. Proceed to observe "Sa'ee" now or after some rest. For the purpose, he should first kiss the Hajar-e-Aswad then proceed to "Safaa" through "Baabus Safaa" praising Allah Almighty and making Du'aa. When he reaches such a height, while getting on the stair, that the holy Ka'bah looks, he should turn towards it and busy himself in praising, glorifying and remembering Allah, making Du'aa and reciting Durood Shareef for quite a long time.
19. Then proceed to "Marwah". Reaching the first "Meel" (the spot where green tube-lights are on), he should march briskly upto (beyond) the second "Meel" and then reach the Marwah with the normal walk. He should make Du'aa here facing the Ka'bah.
20. And then he should go to Safaa similarly and keep running to and fro till the seventh perambulation ending at Marwah. NOTE: The performance of the above-mentioned rites and ceremonies i.e. Tawaaf and Sa'ee is 'Umrah. The Qaarin and Mufarrid who intended for Ifraad should stay in holy Makkah in the state of Ehraam uttering "Labbaiek". But he who intended for Tamattu or for 'Umrah alone should give up "Labbaiek" immediately after kissing the Hajar-e-Aswad at the outset of first round of Tawaaf. After completing Tawaaf and Sa'ee the pilgrim should get his head shaved off or the hair cropped and then take off Ehraam. He must wait in holy Makkah for 18th Zilhij to proceed Minaa.
21. The pilgrim who is not in Ehraam should adopt Ehraam on "Yaumut Tarvi-yah" (8th of Zilhij is called by this name) and should depart for Minaa at dawn. He should walk Minaa, if possible, to be easy to reach the destination and also to earn great reward.
22. He should stay at night in Minaa and offer five obligatory prayers i.e. from Zuhr (of 8th Zilhij) to Fajr (of 9th Zilhij) in Masjid-e-Kheef. He should, if possible, spend the night of 'Arafah awake worshiping and remembering Allah.
23. Proceed to 'Arafaat at dawn after having offered Fajr prayer at Mustahab (desirable) time remembering Allah and reciting Durood Shareef. He should utter "Labbaiek" extensively.
24. Stay (in 'Arafaat) near "Jabal-e-Rahmat" or where-ever he finds space and spend most of his time till noon in weeping (repenting one's sins and begging forgiveness of Allah) giving alms, remembering Allah and uttering Labbaiek.
25. The pilgrim should reach Masjid-e-Namrah soon after the noon is over and proceed to "Mauqif' immediately after offering prayer which is the especial spot of the descent of Divine mercy and blessings. He should busy himself in Zikr and Du'aa standing or sitting. He should pray to Allah Almighty raising his hands above the head with the palms facing the heavens with full concentration potently hoping absolution and also busy himself in praising and remembering Allah, Takbeer, Labbaiek, Du'aa and seeking forgiveness. This Wuqoof is the soul of and foremost pillar of Hajj.
26. Proceed, after making sure that the sun has set, to Muzdalifah remembering Allah, reciting Durood Shareef, making Du'aa and uttering Labbaiek and stay where-ever he finds space.
27. Arriving at Muzdalifah, he should offer Maghrib prayer during the time of 'Ishaa. After "Salaam" (completion of prayer) he should offer "Ishaa prayer instantaneously and thereafter offer Sunnat and Witr prayers of Maghrib and 'Ishaa. The pilgrim should try his utmost to offer Maghrib prayer under the leadership of Imaam.
28. He should spend the remaining part of the night in remembering Allah, uttering Labbaiek and reciting Durood Shareef. If not possible, then he should sleep after performing "Wudu" (ablution) and get up in the early dawn. After relieving himself he should offer Fajr prayer in the early time.
29. When there is left the time equal to what is spent in offering two Rak'at prayer, he should proceed to Minaa and pick up seven pebbles from a clean place here and wash them thrice. It is better if he takes up peblles for all the three days.
30. Reaching Minaa, he should first of all observe "Ramee" at "Jamratul Uqubah" and return immediately after finishing it.
31. Now the pilgrim should sacrifice animal which is an expression of gratitude to Allah Almighty for enabling him to perform Hajj. Like the Eidul Adha's sacrificial animal, the conditions of age and physical fitness of animal is the same for the animal to be sacrified on this occasion.
32. After the sacrifice of animal he should observe "Halq" (get his head shaved off) in sitting position facing the Qiblah. Woman should get her hair trimmed about a segment of her finger.
33. Bury the shaved-off or trimmed hair. The pilgrim should neither pare his nails nor get his beard trimmed on this occasion before Halq or Taqseer.
34. Now all that which was forbidden (Haraam) in the state of Ehraam is "Halaal" (permitted) except for somethings concerning woman.
35. It is very rewarding for the pilgrim to perform obligatory Tawaaf of the holy Ka'bah on 10th Zilhij as per the prescribed rules but Iztibaa' is not to be observed.
36. If he can not perform Tawaaf on 10th then he should do it on 11th or 12th. Deferring it beyond 12th Zilhij without any valid excuse will make him liable to sacrifice an animal as penality. But in case a female pilgrim has menstruation, she should perform Tawaaf after becoming free from it.
37. After Tawaaf offer two Rak'at prayer necessarily. Hajj is complete now as this Tawaaf is the second pillar of Hajj.
38. It is Sunnat to spend 10th, 11th and 12th nights (of Zilhij) in Minaa.
39. The pilgrim should again go for Ramee on 11th after Zuhr prayer. He should throw pebbles first against "Jamratul Oolaa and then against Jamratul Wustaa. After Ramee he should make Du'aa and do Istighfaar (seek forgiveness of Allah) heart and soul and thereafter throw pebbles against Jamratul Uqubah. He should not stay here but return immediately after Ramee making Du'aa.
40. Observe Ramee on 12th against all the three Jimaars after Zawaal (decline of the sun) on the same style and leave the spot after Ramee before the sunset for holy Makkah. And when the pilgrim intends to leave for his homeland/home country he should perform Tawaaf-e-Wadaa (farewell circumambulaion of the holy Ka'bah) as his last act. Ramal, Saee and Iztibaa are not observed in this Tawaaf. After performance of Tawaaf he should offer two Rak'at prayer at Maqaam-e-Ibraaheem and then proceed to the well of Zamzam where he should drink the consecrated water and also pour over his body. Thereafter he should kiss the door of the holy Ka'bah and step out of the "Haram" backward (having the face towards the Ka'bah) as a mark of respect.